Wednesday, October 9, 2013

65000 men commit suicide / year, WITHOUT proofs, WITHOUT A VOICE; one man has left a 19 minute video accusing wife & her loverboy



Mumbai

Man hangs self, blames wife and lover on video

S Ahmed Ali, TNN | Oct 10, 2013, 12.54 AM IST



Man hangs self, blames wife and lover on video

MUMBAI: In probably the first case of its kind, a 38-year-old driver hanged himself in the early hours of Tuesday after calmly recording a 19-minute video on his cell phone accusing his wife of 18 years and her paramour -and a policeman in part -of driving him to suicide.

Sunil Ugde was found hanging in his hutment in Agripada in central Mumbai around 2am by his mother. The family found a note in Marathi, asking them to check the video.

In the recording, Ugde claimed that his wife Anuradha would often run away with her paramour, Abdul Wahab alias Chhotu, and "both should be held responsible for my death".

"I had asked sub-inspector (Ajit) Kadam of Agripada on Sunday night to help me get back my wife... (who) was with Chhotu. If he had believed me and summoned and questioned Chhotu, this situation would not have arisen. Kadam made fun of me and sent me home without doing anything. I was left with no option...," Ugde has said.

Anuradha and Chhotu, a married 38-year-old taxi driver from the same slum, have been arrested.

The Agripada police have charged Anuradha, wife of Sunil Ugde who committed suicide on Tuesday and blamed her and her paramour for his death in a video, and Abdul Wahab alias Chhotu with abetment to suicide and criminal intimidation under IPC sections 306 and 506. "Both the accused were produced before court and remanded in police custody till Friday. Further probe is on," said Kishore Bhaviskar, senior inspector of Agripada police.

He refused to comment on Ugde's allegations against Agripada cop Ajit Kadam. "I had asked sub-inspector Kadam of Agripada on Sunday night to help me get back my wife, who had been missing for 15 days. I told him my wife was with Chhotu. If he had believed me and summoned and questioned Chhotu, this situation would not have arisen. Kadam made fun of me and sent me home without doing anything. I was left with no option... She (Anuradha) often ran away with Chhotu. I am a driver and often have to go out of station for days, and people used to taunt me about my wife. I am ending my life; both should be held responsible for my death. I request senior police officers to watch this clip and give me justice," Ugde said in his recording. TOI has a copy of the clipping, which, a lawyer said, cannot be used as substantial evidence to prove abetment of suicide, but could be corroborative evidence.

Ugde's family have washed their hands of Anuradha. "My son spent his life trying to convince his wife to leave Chhotu, but she ditched him. Now let her face the consequences. Neither I nor my grandchildren have any pity for her," said Ugde's mother Hira, sitting in their 10ftx10ft hovel.

Incidentally, the Ugdes' home is bang opposite the hutment of the juvenile arrested for the photojournalist's gangrape at Shakti Mills in August.

The family said Ugde, who worked with a tour operator, had often confronted Chhotu, who lived a few metres from his shack in the Jai Bhawani Nagar slum at Dhobi Ghat with his wife and children, and asked him to leave his wife alone. "Last month, when Sunil told Chhotu to lay off his wife, he threatened him with dire consequences," said Hira, claiming that Anuradha had been in a relationship with Chhotu for seven years.

"She often ran away without any notice for two to three months. Somebody said it was the result of black magic. I took her to Pune and treated her, but nothing changed... The children are growing up, I cannot answer them why she goes missing. By doing this, she is not only spoiling my life but also the children's future. I am sick of her, I am left with no option but to commit suicide. I request the police with folded hands to take strict action against both of them," Ugde said in the recording.



source




*****************

FOLLOW http://twitter.com/ATMwithDick on twitter or http://vinayak.wordpress.com/ on wordpress or http://evinayak.tumblr.com/  FOR 100s of high court and supreme court cases
  
  
regards
  
Vinayak
Father of a lovely daughter, criminal in the eyes of a wife, son of an compassionate elderly mother, old timer who hasn't given up, Male, activist
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment