Monday, May 27, 2013

whaaat ? you did NOT arrest my mother in law and hubby for one month ?? are you kidding me ? Where's my freedom ?


Woman accuses cops of inaction in dowry case

TNN May 26, 2013, 05.11AM IST


CHANDIGARH: A resident of Punjab has accused Chandigarh police of inaction in a dowry complaint filed by her against her husband and mother-in-law. Anu Bhandari of Phagwara had filed a complaint with the women and child protection unit of Chandigarh police on April 8 this year. She has alleged that the UT cops finally lodged an FIR on May 22.

The complainant"s husband Pradip Bhandari, a lawyer and a resident of Sector 18, has been booked under sections 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 498 A (subjecting wife to cruelty) of the IPC.
Ads by Google

"Police is not interested in expeditiously investigating the case and seems to be under the influence of the status of my father-in-law Justice (retd) K P Bhandari. I have no problem with my father-in-law or any other relatives on my in-laws side. However, my husband and mother-in-law Prabha Bhandari have been harassing me for the past many years for dowry. Police have not mentioned my mother-in-laws name in the FIR," Anu said at a press conference here on Saturday.

Anu married Pradip in 1997 and from the last two years she is living separately. The couple has a teenaged daughter and a five-year-old son.

"I have met all senior officials, but the investigating officer is not taking any action. Whenever I contact him, he asks me to bring more documents and evidence. All my belongings are at my husband"s house. By delaying his arrest, police is giving him time to remove all evidences," she added.

Harbhajan Singh, investigating officer in the case, said, "We are not under any influence. An arrest would be made once preliminary probe is complete and there is sufficient evidence against the accused."

source
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-05-26/chandigarh/39537383_1_dowry-case-dowry-complaint-ut-cops

No comments:

Post a Comment